The Consultancy Group are working with a leading Retail business based in Central London. A great opportunity for an Acocunts Assistant who is looking to take their next step in to a well establish, reptuable company.
If you are an Accounts Assistant with 1-2 years expereince within the Finance industry then this could be the right opportunity for you.
- Accurate coding and processing invoices in PeopleSoft
- Ensure allocations of payments and receipts working with the necessary people to correct any errors
- Review of weekly payment run for authorisation
- Ensure all suppliers/vendors are correctly set up on the accounting system
- Support with supplier queries i.e., payment queries/ reconciling statements
- Record VAT correctly (exposure to intra EU and reverse charge accounting of VAT an advantage)
- Review VAT treatment on sales and purchases and the prepare VAT return
- Weekly bank reconciliation of bank accounts
- Support month end processes including AR & AP, preparation of journals and accruals, balance sheet reconciliations to ensure they are complete and up-to date and any differences reconciled
- Liaise with the purchasing manager and review purchase orders
- Support and contribute to ensuring the correct operation of the purchase order processing system
- Assist in identifying processes improvements including standardisation of practice across the entities and consistency with corporate policies and practices
- Support with year end and audit processes
- Ad hoc projects/tasks as required