This role provides key support to the Finance Manager who has overall responsibility for periodic reporting, financial processes and control and providing financial challenge, support and insight to the Retail team on their result.
- Prepare and post period end journal entries ensuring accurate recording of all costs in a timely manner.
- Complete robust balance sheet reconciliations to agreed deadlines with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly.
- Investigate and prepare narrative explaining variances to budget and prior year for key expense categories.
- Maintain and improve upon month end processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of reporting
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the preparation of reporting to communicate performance to the management team.
- Business partnering
- Significant involvement in the year-end process, preparation of deliverables for the audit and assisting the Finance Manager regarding any audit queries
- Studying for a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA).
- Minimum 2 years experience working within a Finance team in a high-volume environment.
- Retail industry experience preferable but not essential.