Business Analyst - Fintech
£600pd (inside ir35)
As a Business Analyst you will have the opportunity to define and deliver a transformational programme. Working within a highly Agile environment, you will support the Scrum teams in making timely decisions, as well as providing the correct information and hands-on support for the team.
You will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, and be able to hit the ground running - thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment and showing a proactive approach to work. You will build and maintain relationships, showing versatility and the ability to comfortably adapt to changing circumstances.
- Experience of Agile methodologies with the ability to follow internal standards within a scrum delivery team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as strong previous experience of businesses analysis on medium and large-scale projects.
- Arrange and conduct meetings, workshops and presentations for a variety of audiences, demonstrating consistent high-quality communication.
- Experience in using a variety of tools and techniques to analyse, document and map complex business processes via process flows.
- Identify areas for process improvement, specify requirements and implement recommendations for increasing effectiveness of current business processes.
- Write and load business requirements, user stories and epics (that are in line with acceptance criteria) into Jira.
- Perform root cause analysis of problems and work closely with business users in order to identify and translate their needs into solution designs and system specifications.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood and signed off prior to sprint development commencement.
- Work closely with developers during sprints to ensure common understanding, agreement and effective implementation of requirements.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner to IT and to the business (including senior managers) at all stages of the project lifecycle to build relationships and gain commitment.
- Support UAT during all sprints to ensure requirements have been delivered and are ready for release.
- Work closely with IT and the business when new functionality is released to production to ensure a smooth transition to the new process.
- Knowledge and experience of delivery in Agile projects.
- Proven track record of process mapping and producing high-quality process flows.
- Ability to effectively gather high-quality requirements, write and refine user stories.
- Worked on both large scale and smaller projects and been responsible for defining and designing business solutions.
- An understanding of technology and IT systems.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to plan and schedule own work, and work towards tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills - be able to explain complicated processes and concepts to non-experts.
- Jira and Confluence experience is advantageous.
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).