The Consultancy Group are currently partnered with a UK retailer looking to add a Corporate Tax Senior Consultant (Manager) to its Tax Function. In this role you will utilise your natural enthusiasm, impeccable attention to detail, proven financial understand to work within the team of Tax specialists. This is an ideal role for a positive and enthusiastic team player who is looking to grow their career in Tax and would be looking for progression within a growing company.
- Reporting to tax and finance leadership, strategic oversight of corporate tax matters (compliance and advisory) to include:
- Working closely and overseeing the work of 2 assistants.
- Preparing supporting working papers for year end tax accounting (including deferred tax); month end tax accounting; packs for corporation tax filings.
- Interrogation of accounting systems and analysis of outputs from other departments.
- Analysis of expenditure for tax purposes including capital allowances and land remediation.
- Ad hoc advisory projects to include: evaluating business initiatives and expansions; transfer pricing; analysing impact of new Tax Regulations.
- Close working with other specialists in the tax team, internal stakeholders, information providers, external advisers and Revenue authorities.
- Dealing with tax queries, tasks and deadlines.
- Analysing and testing compliance controls.
- ACA/ACCA/CA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course; or tax equivalent.
- Highly experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in functional area.
- Efficient ability to interrogate accounting systems (e.g. SAP).
- Extensive experience working in industry and a genuine passion to learn and build on your experience.
- Strong analytical, numeracy and accounting skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines within a varied workload.
- Confident communication skills and ability to work well in a team.
- PC literacy - a good working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- IT literacy - knowledge of SAP.
- Self-motivation and a proactive mind-set with a can-do attitude and the ability to work on projects and solve problems independently.
- A high degree of flexibility.
For more information, please contact Josh Burns at The Consultancy Group.