The Consultancy Group are looking for a Finance Analyst to join a well-known Media Business based in Central London.
The Finance Analyst is a newly created role, responsible for the preparation of all internal financial reports and accounting, taking ownership of the numbers by working closely with the Group Financial Controller and business managers. The Finance Analyst is responsible for all P&L management reporting including variance analysis, Balance Sheet, forecasting, budgeting, process improvement and KPI development.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly management accounts and Balance Sheet for ten events and central costs. This includes all journal preparation and posting.
- Analysis of the company's financial performance including variance analysis and providing written commentaries.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations - ensuring all balances are understood, explained and supported.
- Ensuring cost control processes and systems are in place and supporting business managers with spend reports, budgets and forecasts.
- Weekly and monthly performance reporting of financial and non-financial data to be published to the Board and Executive Management team. Continually and actively recommending improvements to the format and content.
- Ownership of the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process across all events. This includes actively managing event forecasts and budgets whilst making recommendations for revenue maximization and cost reduction.
- Qualified Accountant 1-2 years PQE or QBE
- Experience with SAP BPC would be advantageous
- Solid excel skills competent with pivot tables, vlookups, charts and graphs.