Finance Business Partner - Real Estate - London
ACA - Top 10 Audit firm - Finance Projects
The Consultancy Group are recruiting for a unique opportunity in the market on behalf of an International Real Estate business.
They are seeking a Finance Business Partner, in a highly commercial role. This is a key forward-looking role within the European Finance function, which will form part of the "advance party" for all newly closed deals, leading Finance aspects of the mobilisation / on-boarding processes. You will also form part of the Finance Transformation team responsible for Finance system optimisation.
This role will ideally suit a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA) who has audit practice training - internal or external audit - from Top 10 Audit firm;
- Finance Business partner, serving as the first point of contact from Finance during mobilisation phases following all successful deals. This will include taking responsibility for completing Finance actions identified on the "100 Day Plan" for each new venture - engaging other members of Finance community as required - as well as refining the checklist of Finance activities within that plan for future use.
- Assist the Head of Finance in developing a Financial Risk and Control Matrix ('RACM'). Take responsibility for maintaining and updating this matrix on a Quarterly basis for presentation to the Head of Finance and Chief Financial Officer.
- Assist the Head of Finance in developing an internal audit programme, which would look to address areas identified as a priority.
- Conduct periodic internal audits at least every Quarter and prepare a report of observations and recommendations on each topic, for presentation to the Head of Finance and Chief Financial Officer. This will include recurring audits to observe governance around financial reporting processes, as well as specific engagements to address priorities from the RACM.
- Custodian for all financial policies and Standard Operating Procedures ('SOP's). The Regional Finance Projects Lead will be required to review existing financial policy documentation and SOP's and take responsibility for updating existing documents / creating new ones where gaps are identified, coordinating input from other members of the Finance or Business community as required.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the accounting and booking systems - "Dream" and "StarRez" respectively - and their capabilities. Establish a rolling programme of observations and required enhancements, and work with the external systems consultants to project manage the implementation of those enhancements.
- The successful candidate will be required to travel on a periodic basis and to build key stakeholder relationships in order to conduct their observations and develop collaborative solutions.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA). Newly qualified +;
- Audit practice training - internal or external audit - from Top 10 Audit firm;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to partner effectively with other business units in driving improvements to operational finance processes;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Pro-active, self-starter who is comfortable with taking initiative;
- Experience of identifying and recommending process improvements;
- Highly organised, with experience of project management;
- Strong analytical and IT skills;
- Experience in a real estate sector is a plus;
- Strong systems experience would be desirable;
- Ability to speak another language (e.g. German, Dutch, Spanish or Portuguese) would be desirable;