Finance Transformation Manager - FMCG
FTSE 250 Retailer urgently require a senior Finance Manager to support the ongoing 'Future Finance' programme.
This role is responsible for proactively partnering with the transformation leadership team, providing insightful analysis, challenge, and influence to drive decisions and actions that improve the bottom line.
They will set the direction for the team and provide strategic challenge to the Finance Transformation programme and Finance division alike, to steer and deliver the Finance Reporting of the future.
- Act as a key partner to the Finance Transformation Leadership team ensuring all requirements are clearly articulated and documented in line with programme governance
- Regular participation in all aspects of project management and governance, issues and decisions as well as influencing and steering the programme agenda
- As and when required, step up to cover the Head of Finance Transformation role
- With your team, support the business in identifying risks and opportunities. Take the lead in prioritising these and work with the PMO to manage them and escalate as appropriate
- Lead the team to provide the business with an external perspective, defining the benchmark requirements and using outputs to challenge and influence
- Provide leadership both with your team and across Finance in your location, driving the re-set required in line with the operating model and capturing all future reporting and data requirements across the Finance division
- Be an active collator and recipient of requirements for accounting and reporting tools, processes and data requirements for the relevant projects
- Ensure all programme documentation is completed diligently and thoroughly to enable complete transparency at programme level and efficient onward reporting to SteerCo
- Own the design of management reporting, ensuring it is fit for purpose and streamlined
- Work with Tech & our data team (ADA) to ensure analytical resource is used effectively and business priorities and resource allocation are well understood and aligned
- Professionally Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- FMCG background. Experience of Food business a bonus!
- Previous experience of Finance Systems based project work essential
- Previous experience of consolidation and reporting in cube based systems such as OneStream, HFM, Hyperion
- Experience of maintaining strong financial controls
- Strong commercial acumen with a clear focus on driving excellent financial and commercial performance
- An inspiring leader, supporting colleagues to build successful careers