We have a new opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join an established Transport & Logistics business in London. This business is going through a period of growth an requires additional support within their finance team for an initial 3 - 6 month contract however, this could be extended on a rolling basis.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Accountant include the below;
- Ownership of various ad-hoc projects related to the preparation for the year-end audit.
- Preparation of key schedules for subsidiary financial statements.
- Ad-hoc technical projects and analysis, including management of new accounting standards
- Support to monthly close and review processes.
- Collaboration with and support to peers in finance on reporting processes (e.g. annual FTSE reporting) and projects
- Accountancy qualification is essential. Ideally 2-3 years post qualification experience.
- Practical experience in solving technical problems relating to data and to accounting challenges, including management of imperfect or irregular data
Given the speed that they are looking to recruit at anyone who is interested in the role would need to be on a short notice of 2 weeks or less.