The Consultancy Group are working with a FTSE 100 retailer who are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant into their Finance team. The purpose of this role is to ensure a high level of financial control in the accurate accounting for all margin adjustments outside of trading margin.
Responsibilities of Role:
- Ensure all period end deliverables are in line with Group Accounting policies.
- Accounting for all margin adjustments.
- Balance sheet reconciliations and commentary for margin balance sheets.
- Support external and internal audit procedures.
- Support Finance transformation.
- Deputise for the Finance Manager - Gross Margin Accounting, when required.
- Review and improve controls and processes around margin accounting.
- Any ad hoc analysis required.
- Professional Accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Experience of effectively communicating and building relationships with the senior stakeholders.
- Ability to work well within a team as well as autonomously.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Good financial accounting and reporting experience.
- Able to prioritise workload effectively.
- Previous experience in a large retailer is desirable but not essential.
This role can be based in either Holborn or Milton Keynes 2-3 days a week, you will be able to work remotely for the rest of the week.