Financial Control Transformation Lead
Record to Report, RTR, R2R, SOX, IRFS, Controller
The Consultancy Group proud to be partnered with a FTSE 250 Media business as they make a key hire in the Finance Shared Services team. Reporting to the VP, you will be responsible for leading and developing the R2R function to deliver best in class processes, controls and reporting.
The global finance team is currently undergoing a finance transformation program which provides a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre Financial Controller to initially lead the overall deployment for the R2R workstream, by transforming the existing finance model to the new finance operating model, as per the roadmap. This deployment will involve the establishment and onboarding of an outsourcing partner.
- Project manage the deployment of the R2R workstream across the organisation in accordance to the roadmap, through gap/fit of solution, change impacts, comms plan, org design, knowledge transfer/training, standard operating procedures/work instructions, cut over plan and hyper-care.
- Leading the day-to-day accounting operations performed by R2R outsourced and captive teams (fixed assets, intercompany accounting, journals- recurring, accruals, prepayments, provisions, revenue recognition, cash and bank accounting, balance sheet reconciliations, etc) in line with IFRS
- Managing an effective and compliant month end close
- Managing internal control self-assessments for R2R operations in the Finance Shared Services, supporting and managing responses to internal and external audit queries
- Implementing a standard methodology for balance sheet reconciliation and journal entries process including balance sheet critically assessment, template and training
- Promoting a continuous improvement and change mindset, supporting the VP Finance Shared Services and Finance GPO in identifying and implementing process improvements and further automation opportunities
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the internal and external stakeholders and acting as a business partner to BU Finance, Group Controllership teams and outsourcing provider
- Owning the governance model for R2R and roll out across the organisation
- Coaching and developing the R2R team (outsourced and captive)
- Reporting and maintaining KPIs, scorecard and monitoring the performance of the team
Skills, experience required
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent in another country)
- 15+ years experience as an accountant or controller with hand on experience managing accounting, financial reporting and month end processes ideally for a global organisation
- Previous experience working in a Finance Shared Services or BPO environment, ideally managing teams and operating to SLAs
- Experience of managing transformation projects, process improvement and system integration
- Good knowledge of IFRS, GAAP and general accounting principles and policies
- Demonstrated financial, analytical, communication and project management skills
- Ability to effectively engage with the senior finance & brand executives
- Knowledge of SAP/S4 would be a great advantage