The Consultancy Group are currently working with a well known industrial services business based in Basingstoke in their search for a Financial Controller, reporting directly into the Finance Direcctor the role's main responsibilities are as follows -
- Manage, develop and motivate the Management Accountant and Accounts Payable Team.
- Manage the month end close process ensuring monthly management accounts and Group reporting submissions and forms are accurate, complete and on time
- Prepare the year end Group reporting package and UK statutory accounts ensuring submissions are accurate, complete and on time
- Manage the year end audit and relationship with the auditors
- Produce the year end Group tax package and UK tax returns ensuring submissions are accurate, complete and on time
- Manage the preparation of all other tax submissions (VAT, P11Ds, PSA etc)
- Manage working capital (purchase-to-pay and inventory processes), lease accounting, fixed assets, intercompany, deferred revenue, overheads & non op costs, and cash / banking (daily, monthly & forecast reporting), ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place
- Work closely with the Business Finance Manager on business finance processes (FP&A, budgets, order-to-cash, commissions, payroll, other) ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place
- Document and maintain financial policies and procedures, ensuring the UK remains compliant with external financial accounting and Group reporting requirements
- Document and maintain financial risk control matrices (key risks and controls) and drive compliance with key controls
- Manage financial systems including delivery of upgrades and developments
- Support the business ensuring all queries are dealt with on a timely basis
- Continuously improve and streamline processes and systems
- Ad hoc & projects
The candidate needs to be a qualified accountant with atleast 4+ years PQE.