Are you a CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified accountant looking for a hands on Financial Controller role?
Do you want to be part of amazing culture where you look forward to going to work that also provides flexible working?
A Creative Company is looking for a Financial Controller to join their management team. You will need to have proven expertise in job cost reporting, general financial reporting, and GAAP. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and proactive with an ability to communicate simply to financial and non-financial audiences alike.
It's a sole role where bookkeeping is 10% of the role and if that increases you will be able hire an Accounts Assistant. Also, you will be part of the management team and be involved in company direction and have commercial input.
- Transactional Finance
- Bank reconciliations
- Generating cashflow forecasts and WIP reports.
- Month-end financial reporting, including analysis of actuals vs. budget.
- VAT returns & HMRC correspondence.
- Preparation of annual budget with Managing Director and key stakeholders.
- Risk Management, including annual reviews of Insurance and certain other corporate suppliers.
- Coordinate preparation of payroll by outside chartered accountants.
- Interacting with the company's bankers, outside tax and financial statement accountants, as need for the year-end audit.
- Previous experience in a hands on role
- Knowledge of Sage would be beneficial
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified or final stages.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities.
- Self-motivated, organised and entrepreneurial - candidates must be comfortable working in a small business.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Adaptable, flexible and open to a changing and evolving role.
- An understanding of the media and creative industries a bonus.
We are looking to set up video chat this week and follow it up with a meeting in the office as a 2nd stage. We want you to meet everyone and get the feeling of the vibe everyone created and are super proud of!