A small Agency that helps Marcoms agencies with their financial needs are looking for a Financial Controller to join their fast-growing business.
Due to the pandemic, lots of agencies had to cut down on their operational staff and find accounting solutions elsewhere. You will work with 1-3 Advertising, PR, or Digital agencies and help them with their needs i.e. management accounts, setting up a new reporting system, managing their junior staff, controlling their accounts, etc. You'll have the chance to work with agencies' Directors and help them support their vision from a financial and commercial angle.
There is great growth there too!! Some agencies are going through restructure, changes or sale, you will gain various skills that you wouldn't be able to working for just one business in a short period of time.
- All aspects of the finance function up to and including producing Management Accounts and Reports
- Cash Flow forecasting
- Reporting for and liaising with Directors of client companies
- Working either alone or with a team
- Managing junior accounts persons
- VAT calculations and filing
- Preparing year-end data for external accountants
- Working with client companies to increase commercial awareness
- 5 years+ experience in a finance function
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Finalist or qualified
- Good experience in creative & marketing & digital industry
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to work with company directors and owner/managers
- Paprika Software / Xero / QuickBooks experience would be ideal
- Experience as a stand-alone or heading a finance team, ideally in a small company setting
- Good communication skills, especially with non-financial people