Group Tax Accountant/Manager
- Preparing corporate tax computations and returns.
- Responding to queries from the business and from HMRC across all areas of tax.
- Overseeing VAT processes and ensuring returns prepared by local finance teams are timely and accurate.
- Monitoring transactional VAT compliance.
- Assisting with research and implementation of tax planning projects.
- Preparing tax entries for full year group consolidated accounts, and UK statutory accounts.
- Assisting with the review of procedures and controls across all relevant UK taxes.
- Providing support to the business on tax issues effecting new contracts and trading opportunities and suggesting potential solutions.
What we are looking for:
- Prior practical UK tax experience, gained in either practice or industry.
- ACA/ACCA or CIOT qualification.
- Strong understanding of UK tax legislation, IAS 12 and deferred tax along with a good understanding of IFRS, FRS 101/102 and old UK GAAP.
- Articulate and credible when dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A team player who values the importance of structure and process with a practical mindset