Head of Data (Financial Services)
London + Remote
£140,000 - £160,000 + Bonus, Pension, Medical etc
The Consultancy Group are proud to represent this leading Fintech business as they continue to impressively expand and grow exponentially. This multi-billion-dollar business, that now works with the largest financial institutions globally, has the need to onboard a new Head of Data to assist with its plans for growth. With a promise to deliver innovative, next-generation technology, this tech focused business has been able to expertly deliver multiple unrivalled software solutions to some of the largest businesses around the world.
As the new Head of Data, you will be taking ownership of the companies Data Management teams, strategies, and infrastructure.
As a Head of Data you will be involved in:
Data management and ownership: Overseeing the processing of varied data sources including recoding/transforming data, merging and cleaning, weighting etc.
Data visualisation and reporting: Working closely with your team to structure datasets and visualisation tools, as well as designing the dashboards we deliver to our clients.
Cross-functional collaboration: Collaborate with multiple teams and manage/develop a team of 20 data analysts and data engineers.
Drive process improvements: Proactively identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies in these tasks and drive the implementation of these improvements within the team and be capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through code level.
As a Head of Data you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in both architecture and implementation of data pipelines
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
- Highly numerate with strong data, reasoning and analytical skills
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience managing and developing a team of analysts and data engineers
- At least 3 years of experience using Python and SQL on a daily basis
- Experience building processes designed to improve efficiency end to end
- Excellent communication skills, be comfortable balancing a number of projects at once and be able to coordinate with multiple stakeholders in several teams
For more information on this opportunity, do not hesitate to get in touch via email on