The Consultancy Group are currently partnering with an instantly recognisable retailer who are looking for a Head of Finance to join their diverse and driven finance function. The successful candidate will be responsible for looking after the day to day running of the UK&I Finance team, including individual's development and accountability for high quality achievement of reporting deliverables and effectiveness of internal controls.
This role would best suit someone looking to make their first step up into a Head of Finance position, preferably from a consumer/retail background. The role manages a small but very capable team so proven management experience is a prerequisite.
Whilst this is predominantly an internal-facing role, the position reports directly to the COO and naturally will offer some interaction with the commercial functions of the business, included some exposure to other internal stakeholders such as CEO, Commercial, Wholesale, Retail and Merchandising functions
- Taking the lead on all aspects of financial reporting
- Liaising with the Finance department on queries, ad-hoc info as the 'go to' person
- Measuring and reporting on internal cost budgets
- Driving continued process improvement and compliance with internal procedures
- Taking ownership of key Finance and data systems (SAP) and driving the agenda for continued improvement to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with 4+ years PQE
- Flexible work style, able to adapt to the industry's ever-changing demands
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Experience of team development and leading a positive and collaborative working culture within the Finance function and wider business
- From a background in a similar sector (Consumer/Retail) is desirable but by no means necessary