HEAD OF CENTRAL FINANCE
World publisher, One of the largest in the UK, which has doubled its turnover to circa £100million in the last 3-4 years.
The role of the Head of Central Finance is to oversee the oversee the day-to-day running of the central finance team, which manages the accounting for a large division of the UK group. This role will take hands-on responsibility for the month-end close, managing and developing the central finance team, driving key systems and financial process improvements and supporting the Group FC in general finance control, reporting & compliance for the wider UK group.
As one of the fastest growing UK publishers, the Head of Central Finance will play a key role in the organisation by working directly with the Group FC to embed a recent Finance Transformation and drive systems and process improvements, developing a best-in-class finance function and a strong financial control environment. You will be hands-on in managing the day-to-day accounting operations of the Central Finance team overseeing 12 staff, taking responsibility for the running of the management accounting function, purchase ledger, sales ledger and payroll teams.
- Direct line management - finance managers/management accountants within the Central Finance function (Chichester based).
- Management accounts responsibility for submission to the Group FC
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation reviews
- Finance System Transformation and Development - Dynamics 365
- Inventory accounting
- Expenses oversight
- Audit & stat accounts oversight
- Companies House updates & returns
- Group consolidation system (FPM) reporting
- Payroll oversight
- Cashflow control, banking approvals and cashflow forecasting/reporting
- Financial controls maintenance & improvements
- Responsibility for preparation of monthly management accounts for entities within the division of the UK group
- Input and reconciliation of UK group reporting into Group consolidation system (FPM)
- Identify and implement ways to make optimal use of the new ERP system to drive improvements in the month end close process and management accounts reporting
- Hands on responsibility for ensuring the smooth day to day running and management of the Central Finance team, including payroll, sales ledger and purchase ledger functions
- Engage closely with the technical team in a hands-on way to embed and drive optimal use of the recent Finance Transformation to Dynamics 365
- Identify and implement systems and financial process improvements in the new ERP system to drive efficiency, scalability, accuracy and a strong control environment
Audit & Reporting
- Preparation of audit schedules pre-fieldwork
- Liaison with PwC on day-to-day requests through financial audits
- Liaison with Group FC on audit issues
- Liaison with BDO on tax matters & information requests (payroll, VAT, Corp Tax and International)
- Review payrolls prior to Group FC approval process
- Liaison with Payroll bureau when required
- Management Accounts: Monthly
- P&L and BS
- OP reporting
- Review and reconciliation of FPM submissions
- Reforecasts and Budget
- Review and reconciliation of Group FPM submissions
- Other: support business with ad-hoc requests for financial information
As a successful candidate, you will be ACA Qualified (5 years + PQE) with strong hands-on team management and leadership experience gained within industry, a positive determination to drive systems and financial process improvements in a high-growth organisation and the ability to prioritise and deliver to tight deadlines. You will have previously led teams covering management reporting, financial reporting, financial operations and technical accounting. You will possess strong professional and personal drive and the commitment to produce the highest quality work at all times.
- Finance Transformation and Systems Development
- Publishing industry
- Microsoft Dynamics