Head of Financial Accounting
Reporting to the Director Accounting, you will be key member of the UK and International Team.
This is a new role which will own the month-end process, reporting responsibilities under US GAAP and IFRS, developing and maintaining an efficient set of controls, and designing procedures to meet the current and future demands of the business as we continue to grow and expand. It is important that candidates can demonstrate a broad array of both technical and operational reporting skills.
You will be a member of our dynamic Finance team, responsible for overseeing and assisting in the successful financial reporting and control for all International entities under relevant accounting and regulatory bases.
You will be responsible for providing senior management with a high level of analysis and technical advice in order to assist in embedding changes in accounting requirements and other regulatory changes and to explain reported results.
- Own key elements of the month-end close to ensure that the month-end is completed accurately and on time, for all International entities.
- Manage the monthly financial close process for a cluster of International entities, including the overseeing of the production of key reconciliations for both income statement and balance sheet, ensuring reconciling items are investigated and cleared on a timely basis.
- Perform own reconciliations and review reconciliations
- Review work performed by other accountants.
- Oversee the preparation of annual statutory and regulatory reporting for a cluster of International entities.
- Identifying gaps in understanding of International reporting requirements within the Financial Controllership Team and recommend action to reduce these gaps.
- Ensure controls are maintained and developed as appropriate.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA).
- Minimum 5 years PQE
- Audit background preferred
- High level of technical knowledge in relation to accounting and regulatory changes.
- Strong communication and team working.
- Ability to document and produce commentary to enable a wider understanding of key financial movements.