I'm currently partnering with a global Technology client of ours on an exciting Head of Projects opportunity. The role is to manage the IT projects portfolio to support the delivery of their digital and wider IT strategy.
This role requires leadership and an appreciation of how best to guide a team of project managers through delivery of multiple projects.
- Overall leadership and management of the IT project team
- Guide project managers to most effectively deliver bespoke software solutions to clients across the full project life cycle
- Keep delivery activity under review so that it is aligned with business strategy
- Improving both the efficiency and the effectiveness of the project team
- Maintain a Delivery Management Framework and approach
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships at all levels across business functions
- Provide dispute resolution for escalation issues associated with project delivery
- Expertise in IT project team leadership
- Demonstrable experience in managing teams to implement software solutions across the full project life cycle
- Proven ability to make an impact at a strategic level
- Excellent stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills
- Managing and delivering budgets, utilising robust financial control
- Agile experience