The Consultancy Group are currently working with a British Retailer looking to add an Indirect Tax Manager to their team team on an initial 5-month FTC, with a view to the role going perm should all parties agree.
- Provide hands on support for indirect tax compliance in the UK and internationally, including filing of accurate returns in all relevant jurisdictions and timely registration in new markets.
- Working alongside local advisors, provide hands on support for global corporation tax returns filings in 8 jurisdictions.
- Conduct detailed capital allowance analysis on our UK store shopfitting program.
- Liaise with our in-house IT development team and professional advisors to support the preparation of the R&D tax credit claim.
- Support the implementation of the groups transfer pricing policy, ensuring appropriate group and local country documentation is in place.
- Provide advice to the business on the implications of key transactions, change initiatives and expansion decisions of the Group.
- Readiness preparations for the Senior Accounting Officer regime and then ongoing compliance and certification. Support the preparation of year-end group tax provisioning and disclosures and be a key contact for the audit of these.
- Support the budget and forecasting processes from a cash tax and effective tax rate perspective.
- Support the payroll team with the preparation of the PSA and compliance with IR35 legislation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes in tax legislation, communicate these with key stakeholders and ensure systems and processes are updated accordingly.
- Maximise the value that our professional services network provides to the Group.
- Liaise with HMRC and assist with the response to any HMRC or local tax authority enquiries.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the tax function and raising of the profile of tax across the business.
- Qualified in tax or accountancy (ACA or ACCA or CTA or AAT).
- Some PQE in a commercial environment.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and get into and question the detail.
- Commercially aware and able to build relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- Strong project management skills.
For more information, please contact Josh Burns at The Consultancy Group.