The Consultancy Group are working on a newly created VAT Manager role for a growing high-end branded business. This company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
Based in their new central London office, you will report directly into the Group Head of Tax and you will be managing the VAT and indirect tax affairs of the group. The role will address indirect tax implications, managing indirect tax risk and being a representative for VAT across the business and with tax advisers.
The role provides excellent exposure across the business to different finance teams and group functions (including the retail, design and development teams) with opportunities to further grow and develop your career in a fast paced and growing company.
- Ensure VAT and indirect tax compliance in existing jurisdictions (UK, US, Spain, Germany, Greece and Netherlands) and future jurisdictions
- Comply with Making Tax Digital requirements by ensuring that VAT records are kept digitally and VAT returns are directly submitted to HMRC
- Be the lead for several VAT projects eg, EU VAT Refunds
- Provide in-house VAT training to the business
- Detailed analysis of VAT returns
- Continually review the VAT process to ensure each business unit is compliant
- VAT Process Owner for Senior Accounting Officer purposes
- Manage VAT admin including VAT registrations and VAT submission websites
- Plan and future-proof VAT software system
- Work alongside the US Tax Manager on US Sales Tax and US Property Tax
- Assist with VAT audits across the business and escalate issues to the Head of Tax
- Main point of contact in business for Indirect Tax
- Ad hoc Indirect Tax issues within the business
- You must have experience of VAT compliance and advisory work with a background obtained in a recognised accounting firm or a large corporate organisation.
- ATT/ACCA/CTA qualified or equivalent, or be qualified by experience
- Strong technical, accounting and systems skills including demonstrable experience of MTD
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health and Dental Care
- Cycle to Work Scheme/Season Ticket Loan
- Global benefits and perks
For more information, please contact Alin Brekke at The Consultancy Group.