The Consultancy Group are currently engaged with a Media company looking to add an Indirect Manager or Indirect Senior Manager to their ever growing Tax team. This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of the Group's indirect tax function and to develop and implement the VAT controls and processes for the Group of companies.
- Full ownership and responsibility for the Group's indirect tax compliance obligations, working with third party compliance providers to ensure timely and accurate filing of our indirect tax return.
- Management of our indirect tax payments and establishing processes to ensure full recovery of VAT on expenses and imports.
- Management of indirect tax registrations across the various jurisdictions. This will involve researching and understanding VAT (or equivalent sales tax) registration requirements globally, working with external advisors and liaising with local tax authorities.
- Working closely with the outsourced indirect tax compliance and advisory providers and actively managing the SLA's of the outsourced partner.
- Assist with tax technology implementations and automations with our ERP and IT systems, to drive efficiency and improve end-to-end indirect tax compliance processes and controls.
- Provide technical system and process training to various other departments.
- ACA or equivalent qualification
- CTA or equivalent is preferable
- 4+ years relevant industry or Big 4 experience in indirect tax
- Detailed knowledge of UK and EU indirect tax laws, along with an understanding of international tax concepts
- Experience in e-commerce is a plus
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate tax technical issues to a non-tax audience
For more information please contact Josh Burns at The Consultancy Group.