Interim Financial Controller - 6 to 9 month FTC
An industry leading Hospitality and events business are recruiting for a FC for a period of 6-9 months.
Reporting to the Finance Director to provide and manage all financial processes and controls, accounting, compliance and data analysis across the organisation. This role will be seen as the 'right-hand' to the Finance Director and have Group-wide responsibilities such as managing audit, consolidation and compliance.
- This role suits an individual with the technically excellent accounting and compliance knowledge and ability to see the bigger picture when making small decisions.
- A key priority will be involvement for the launch of a new entity. You will use your technical expertise and potentially come from a fast-moving hospitality or leisure background
- Supporting the FD by having responsibility for financial reporting and regulatory/tax compliance of all Group companies. Performing audits and regular forecasting
- Relentlessly identify process/business improvements and drive actions for change
- Take a leading role in the new systems infrastructure
- Manage and appraise all capex spend requests across all group entities
- Accurately apply a complex structure of intercompany service agreements that have been set up as part of a recent group demerger
- Review and sign off payroll
- Working with other senior managers in the business to help drive and coordinate company growth, productivity and efficiencies
- Reviewing and supporting staff development and following the relevant formal procedures such as probation reviews, one to ones and annual performance appraisals
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 4 years PQE (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Technically excellent accounting standards knowledge
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent Excel skills, knowledge of Power BI preferable
Please note this role requires the candidate to be in the office 5 days a week.