My client a leading Retail business are recruiting for a Interim Group Financial Accountant for a period of 6 months.
- Producing the half year and full year Group statutory consolidation and disclosure notes (full consolidation of all primary statements and accompanying disclosure notes).
- Supporting the translation of the Group consolidation onto the Oracle FCCS system.
- Day to day accounting for the Corporate Office Entity including accounts payable, expenses, business banking, closing the books including month end accruals and prepayments.
- Supporting the production of monthly management accounts including actual v budget/forecast analysis for income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Corporate office VAT and Corporate Tax
- Management of external and intercompany loan interest
- Completion of quarterly group reporting formats for Corporate Office entity and some other small Group entities including additional disclosure information.
- Management of the Group quarterly reporting process up to parent company including communication of timetables and intercompany reconciliations for the Group.
- Super-User management of Finnivo, a consolidation tool used by some entities in the Group and super-user of FCCS system once live.
- Support and management of the annual statutory audit
- Involvement in the weekly trading commercial
- Ad hoc involvement in and analysis for Group
- Strong technical finance/accounting ability
- Experience with a top professional services accountancy firm or recognised training scheme
- Finance qualification (ACA or equivalent)
- Hardworking, diligent and strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Structured, critical thinker who can work independently and self-sufficiently with little hand holding
- Attention to detail
- Mature communicator
- Enthusiastic and can-do; team player
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Oracle / SAP etc experience would be a benefit.