The Consultancy Group are partnered with a global technolgy business who are in search for an Interim Group Financial Reporting Accountant. The ideal candidate must have strong financial reporting experience within a PLC environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Help drive year-end planning and audit planning
- Liaise with auditors pre and post year-end to ensure all issues are managed and the audit process is as smooth as possible
- Coordinate year-end process across the regional finance teams and work with SSC to ensure all deadlines are understood and met
- Ensure quality of work from all stakeholders, by providing detailed instructions on tasks as required
- Timely completion of subsidiary financial statements for the Group and overseas subsidiaries
- Project management and delivery of the financial statements for all global legal entities to an agreed timetable.
- Working closely with the country and regional controllers to deliver accurate, insightful Annual Reports prepared in accordance with relevant IFRS and local accounting standards to all relevant Board members by the agreed date. Provide supporting information at meetings held for review and approval
- Provide technical accounting support to the country controllers as required
- Support with the adoption of new or revised IFRS accounting standards
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as and when required
- Participating or leading system, operational or process changes as required
- Propose, train and then transition elements of statutory reports production to the SSC as appropriate
- Automate processes wherever possible
- Acting as the interface for internal and external audits and driving simplification and continuous improvement of financial processes.
- Minimum of 3 years of post-qualified work experience in a Financial Accounting role
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA)
- A good working knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or MS Dynamics
- Expert in excel, proficient in pivot tables & look ups
- Strong local GAAP & IFRS knowledge, including solid experience of producing financial statements
- Experience interfacing with external auditors; detailed knowledge of statutory reporting requirements
- Flexibility and comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity