The Consultancy Group is partnered with a growing SME business in the e-commerce and retail space as they search for an interim Managemount Accountant to join the business on an initial 4 month contract.
This is a fully remote role (although the team does occassionally meet socially in London), and there is a strong possibility of the role being offered on a permanent basis to the successful candidate.
Only candidates with availability of up 2 weeks' notice max. will be considered, and there is a strong preference for candidates to be based in the UK.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience working as a full circle management accountant (P&L, BS, Cashflow)
- Experience owning the year end audit process
- Experience with preparing month end accounts in Xero
- Experience with e-commerce
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Small business/retail experience
- Great communicator, able to explain finance concepts
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Presentation of results to the leadership team
- Own the year end process
- Own the audit process, including managing all communications with the auditor
- Manage the weekly revenue recognition process
- Manage new employee payroll setup and oversee the monthly payroll processed by an external provider, ensuring submission of all payroll related returns
- Produce the quarterly VAT return and liaise with HMRC as required
- Key contact for all HMRC related matters
- Oversee coding of invoices by the accounts assistant