My client is looking for a Senior Accountant to cover a period of sickness for 9 months.
The key elements of the role include -
To assist in the production of the company monthly and annual accounts, ensuring that the deadlines set have been met. To maintain the general ledger accounts and reconciliation's on a day-to-day basis.
- Preparation and posting & processing of month end journals as agreed with your manager.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts, and ensuring that all necessary corrections are made
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts to SAP including main account, Euro account and Standard Chartered account. This includes analysing all payments and receipts not posted by other departments to ensure these are processed and where necessary post the relevant journals.
- Reconciliation of all fixed assets including creating assets on FAR and posting of monthly depreciation charges.
- Process wholesale payroll journal and reconcile the accounts
- Any other corrections/adjustments that are required for month end accurate reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of weekly cash forecast through liaison with Finance Manager and Credit Control.
- Review and check payments processed on Lloyds Link in the absence of the manager.
- TAX/ Accounting
- Preparation and completion of the UK and Irish VAT and ensure returns are filed timely.
- To assist in the preparation of the corporation tax files, both UK and Ireland
- To assist with the preparation of the year-end audit file, year-end account close and auditor requests.
- To deal with all National Statistic returns
- To raise and chase payment for all sundry invoices
- To deputise for the Chief Accountant in his/her absence
- Any other ad hoc projects as requested by the manager and CFO.
Please note this position is 5 days a week in the office.