The Consultancy Group is currently looking for a newly qualified management accountant to join a distinctive hospitality business.
- Preparation of the weekly executive dashboard and weekly operational reports
- Ownership for the company monthly management accounts including preparation of executive commentary
- Responsible for the company's full-year forecast to enable an accurate and up to date view of the full year expected results.
- Preparation of the board pack including commentary.
- Ownership for balance sheet accounts and prepare accurate monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Commercial analysis using various data streams to enable accurate and timely decision making at both operational and strategic levels
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budgets and quarterly forecast adjustments and ensuring budget holders have accountability of their budgets on an ongoing basis.
- Work closely with the operations team to provide financial data that is clear and relevant and able to aid their day to day activities
- Involvement in new site and business ventures with P&L forecasts when required.
- Management of company fixed asset register and capex management.
- Preparation of information required for the year-end audit.
- Assist outsourced Payroll bureau and liaison with restaurants
- Ownership of VAT and HMRC
- All other analytical and management information required.
Skills / Experience required:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA or overseas equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Full understanding and experience of a month-end process and able to take ownership in full.
- Experience working on budgeting and forecasting is preferable.
- The ability to work autonomously and to deadlines.
- Great communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- Strong team player and able to build solid relationships across the business and supportive of the team and company
- Ability and willingness to challenge and provide alternative thinking