Project Manager - Contracts and Procurement - Media
6 months initial
Our leading Media client have an urgent requirement for a Procurement Project Manager following their recent multi-business merger.
In bringing the companies together, there is an opportunity to review the Supplier and Contract services used and realise improved service, operational efficiencies and cost savings through a full end to end procurement review.
The aims of this project is to successfully deliver the strategy, realise the benefits for the business and embed the transformation without impacting client services and quality of operations.
- Manage full contractor and supplier tender processes
- Manage contractors and suppliers to ensure they meet programme plans and agreed commitments and timescales
- Ensure sufficient information and guidance is issued to contractors and suppliers to enable them to provide accurate costs through scope understanding, so that budgetary plans can be achieved.
- Facilitate internal teams to ensure actions and timescales adhere to the critical path
- Help identify and prioritise the key opportunities for cost efficiency to realise maximum direct cost run rate savings in 2020/21 - without negatively impacting service
- Effectively reduce the number of suppliers and realise economies of scale
- Simplify the number of contracts - and get all key suppliers and contractors into formal contracts
- Implement a Contract Management framework to ensure all contracts are owned managed and reviewed effectively, fulfilling their service requirements and meeting budget and performance expectations
- Reduce the reliance on single sourced suppliers and build in operational resilience through the transition across the key teams
- Help identify and justify areas that need investment
- Improve project delivery, driving measurable development in the management of risk
- Engage with key project stakeholders to ensure appropriate information is communicated
- Ensure that all legislative procurement standards are adhered to
- Actively manage and report on the project risks throughout the life of the project
- Work within appropriate and agreed project management and procurement controls
Key Skills Required:
- Procurement and tendering
- Solutions design and development
- Ability to shape services from concept through to delivery
- Governance and Risk management
- Sector experience: 1 or more from Operations, Construction, Engineering & Technology, Transport and Distribution Infrastructure, Digital services
- Relevant accreditation in Procurement such as Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) Level 3 Graduate Diploma
- Project Management trained/qualified - PRINCE2, Agile, AMPM