Have you worked in a billing /AR role for at least a couple of years and now are looking for a more progressive revenue role?
Do you have an understanding of WIP and want a more hands on role in an SME based in West London?
A lovely Marcoms agency is looking for a WIP and Revenue Accountant to join their finance team and support the Financial Controller. This is a great and friendly environment with flexible working pattern that will accommodate your needs
This is a great opportunity to support the business with the management of client finances and to ensure finance processes and controls are adhered to. You will be one of the main points of contact in finance for the business and will have the opportunity to build strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
You will be given ownership of a portfolio of clients across the partnership and will be responsible for all of the jobs going through these clients. This role is essential in helping the business manage its working capital and reduce its risk, so a big focus of the role will be ensuring that billing is completed accurately and on a timely basis, accrued income is minimal, that we have financial cover before proceeding with work and that all third party costs are recoverable and promptly billed onto clients.
· Ownership of all jobs in your client portfolio, ensuring all jobs are progressing through the job lifecycle, being billed, reconciled and closed
· On-going review of job bags with account handling teams, job matching at month end and final job reconciliation
· Setting up and running regular and ad-hoc meetings with account management to ensure WIP issues are addressed, job status's are clarified, final reconciliations are promptly authorised and jobs are duly closed.
· Maintaining the revenue forecasting model and working with the account handling teams to ensure the accuracy of forecasts
· On-going monitoring of actual revenues against forecast and variance analysis
· Reporting of client profitability
· Month end revenue journal preparation. Accounting for accrued revenue and deferred income