SAP Finance Transformation Lead
London (3 days per week)
Our FTSE 50 client has the ambition to be the most valued company in its sector by all its stakeholders by 2023.
To assist with that they are currently undergoing a major Finance Transformation, driving a global functional agenda that will deliver improved commercial support for the business and global processes.
The Finance Transformation team are seeking a SAP Finance Transformation Lead who will support the Finance Data Owner to deliver the data agenda for Finance, including the execution and maintenance of the data governance framework and the data design.
This role will perfectly suit a high calibre candidate from either ex-Big 4 Consulting or Audit or from FTSE 50 or equivalent industry now looking for their next step seeking a company to match their ambitions.
- Executes and maintains the data governance framework, including tracking risks against the framework and executing remediation plans to mitigate potential data risks;
- Identifies, maintains and updates roles and responsibilities of data owners, data stewards and data custodians;
- Produces and executes data governance reporting to identify and highlight data control risks, data quality issues and breaches for tabling at governance forums;
- Supports the preparation of business cases for data management initiatives and preparation of related documents, e.g. CorpCo submissions;
- Supports the preparation, maintenance and governance of master data design;
- Establishes and maintains finance data management principles, guidelines and standard operating procedures in alignment with Group Finance and regulatory requirements;
- Partners with Global Shared Services (GSS) to ensure the successful implementation and ongoing operation of data governance processes;
- Co-ordinates and manages the Finance Data Governance forum including scheduling, preparation and documenting key decisions and outcomes; and
- Provides support to the Finance Data Owner to help execute and drive data management and governance improvement initiatives where appropriate.
Key Skills Required:
- Solid and broad-based accounting experience and knowledge
- Solid SAP experience, either as an end user or key user
- In-depth knowledge of finance and cross-functional data objects
- Experience establishing and performing governance over financial controls would be desirable
- Prior experience managing Finance master data as a small part of a role is desirable
- Fluent in English