Senior Accountant, Statutory Reporting
About the role:
We are working with a FTSE 500 travel agency who are looking to bolster their EMEA Finance team is with a Senior Accountant who will report into the Manager, based in their London office.
The EMEA team looks over for 14 different legal entities, with local GAAP and compliance requirements. You will be working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and building relationships with global team members in finance and across the organization. The Senior Accountant is responsible for many aspects of the statutory reporting activities, such as: proper application of local GAAP, preparation of audit deliverables, support in audit project management and financial statement preparation and review. They are looking for someone who has excellent problem-solving skills, is a strong communicator, thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment to support their continued growth.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Day to day audit management.
- Preparing US GAAP to local GAAP bridges for smaller legal entities;
- Support in preparation and delivery of deliverables for audit requests;
- Initial review of financial statements and link through to underlying bridges;
- Preparation of in-house financial statements (UK and IE);
- Liaison with external providers for tax and accounts preparation;
- Assistance with development, maintenance and documentation of all policies and procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility, including the building of process notes and the completeness and accuracy of source data;
- Identify areas of operational improvement, provide recommendations and execute on the changes, whilst delivering on ad-hoc projects / deliverables as necessary.
You are detail oriented while also able to see the big picture. When faced with a problem, you propose a solution. You love understanding the why behind the numbers, showcase professional skepticism and maintain a natural curiosity. You have a shown ability to prioritize your work, manage deadlines and keep your manager well informed. You can work independently but know when to ask for assistance, and you take pride in ownership over your areas. You are able to effectively communicate with team members and management.
Experience and Education
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar)
- 0-2 years PQE that shows knowledge and application of GAAP accounting policies and practices
- Experience in preparing financial statements and accounting memos preferable.
- Audit / SOX background essential
- SOX background essential preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a essential, along with a high level of attention to detail
About the team
The Finance team supports the business: they provide reports, pay the bills and the team, collect money, crunch numbers, and meet stringent compliance standards and deadlines- and have fun while doing it. They enjoy working together and with the cross-functional colleagues around the globe. They value integrity, personal accountability and proactive thinking, and they take pride in mentorship in crafting opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.