Senior Group Accountant
The Consultancy Group are currently partnered with a global Market Research company, who is looking for a Senior Group Reporting Accountant.
The successful candidate, will join the Group Finance team in their London office. Reporting to the Head of Group Finance, playing a critical role in managing our global accounting consolidation process.
- Preparation of the group consolidation of over 30 entities
- Preparation of Group and Parent Co ETBs and supporting schedules at year-end and half year
- Assist with production of the back half of the Annual Report & Accounts including primary statements and disclosures.
- Ensure that intercompany balances are effectively eliminated.
- Provide analysis for trading and below the line FX in the income statement.
- Monitor the month-end timetable to ensure compliance across the finance teams and timely reporting of the month-end numbers to senior management.
- Preparation of the monthly Group management pack for the Board
- Review of Group intercompany matrix, and following up discrepancies with transactional teams
- Maintain reconciliations for below the line income statement items ie exceptional costs and interest
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for other Group items (ie leases)
- Prepare and maintain acquisition accounting entries.
- Lead income statement and balance sheet review calls with regional teams
- Assist with maintaining schedules for share-based payments and share based payment accounting entries.
- Support projects to standardise and improve financial controls across the group.
- Assist internal and external auditors with audit requests.
As Senior Group Accountant, you will:
- Qualified ACA (or equivalent) from a Top 20 accountancy firm
- 2+ years PQE in industry with experience of IFRS and financial consolidation
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience of preparing financial statements and disclosures under IFRS
- Experience of using NetSuite, Adaptive Planning and Power BI desirable but not essential
- Exposure to share-based payments accounting desirable.
- Strong communication skills and service orientation/responsiveness
- Deal with audit questions (previous experience as an auditor would be very useful)
- Accounting for acquisitions and goodwill
- Experience in preparing preliminary results statement.