A global hospitality company, and true leader in its field are recruiting a Senior Manager, Direct Taxes to join their UK&I Tax team.
You will lead the direct tax advisory, risk management and transfer pricing work/projects for the tax team and manage the UK&I tax compliance team (2 direct reports).
- Lead direct tax advisory and project work for the team, with the support of the compliance team.
- Maintain tax risk register and highlight any key or emerging tax risks and work on resolutions.
- Maintain the UK/ROI local transfer pricing files and liaise with Group and UK Region in relation to transfer pricing obligations.
- Manage the SAO certification process and advice on SAO documentation to the other SAOs within the UK Region, including responsibility for the Direct Tax SAO process.
- Support Tax Director with the UK Tax Strategy and Tax Policy, ensuring compliance with Corporate Criminal Offence Legislation.
- Supervision of the UK & ROI corporate tax compliance annual cycle
- Management and development of the direct reports.
- Overview and support on tax process improvement projects and reviews.
- Develop relationships with the HR team, to support with Employment Tax queries/projects.
- Evaluate the impact of changes in or new corporate tax legislation or developments in the UK &ROI business, working with the Senior Tax Specialists to implement new processes where required.
- Bachelor's degree
- Accountancy qualification (AAT/ACA/ACCA)
- Industry experience in a tax team in a national or multi-national organisation
- Significant direct tax advisory experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the confidence to deal with people at different levels throughout the UK&I business
For further information, please contact Phil Smyth at The Consultancy Group.