A leading UK real estate group is looking to add a Senior Tax Manager to their growing Tax team based in London.
The role will focus on the group's corporate tax compliance, reporting and supporting the Director of Tax on internal advisory work. In addition, this candidate will co-manage the team and support on ad-hoc transactions and advisory projects.
Quick summary of job
Expected salary: £80,000 + benefits.
Location: London (4 days a week in the office)
- Project manage the CT compliance process, to ensure timely submission of all returns (CT
- Review partnership and corporation tax returns prepared by team members, and prepare
some more complex tax returns directly.
- Review entity and consolidated financial statements and related tax disclosures.
- Review/prepare group relief matrix, REIT financial statements, review PID tax deductions and review Forms R185
- Prepare and review calculations for returns under the corporate interest restriction legislation and liaise with external advisors.
- Manage and review transfer pricing calculations for the returns.
- Prepare and review schedules for quarterly reporting to shareholders e.g. capital allowances and losses, and ongoing tax risks.
- Manage tax elements of the audit process.
- Manage SAO compliance and associated matters.
- Review quarterly tax forecasts and manage tax payments alongside PID requirements.
- Prepare SDLT returns (generally these are straightforward, complex returns are usually prepared by third party advisors)
- Review ATED, and others as necessary
- Develop close working relationships with other departments, in particular Treasury, Legal and Accounts
- Keep up to date technically, attend courses as appropriate.
- Experience as Senior Tax Manager or Tax Manager in private practice or industry.
- Professionally qualified (i.e., CTA/ACA/ACCA), degree educated or extensive experience in similar roles.
- Previous experience of managing staff as well as strong leadership skills.
- Experience of Property and Real Estate corporate tax compliance in a FRS 102 environment (essential) alongside knowledge of UK REIT regime.
- Working knowledge of proprietary third-party tax return software & IT proficient.
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply below.