The Consultancy Group are exclusively engaged on an Tax Director role with a Multinational Engineering company based in London.
This newly created role will be phase one of a Tax team build out, sit as a key member of the Tax leadership team, and will take the lead on developing an efficient and robust tax reporting and compliance environment, as well as liaison with external auditors and internal finance colleagues.
- You will create a framework to ensure the Group remains compliant with all current and upcoming compliance obligations across the spectrum of taxes and geographies and will develop the Group's tax reporting and compliance capabilities to support the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of global tax reporting.
- Develop processes to support the accuracy and timeliness of legal entity tax reporting, compliance, and management analysis for the UK businesses.
- This includes responsibility related to the preparation and submission of relevant tax filing obligations, across the business, for a broad range of taxes
- Support effective revenue authority liaison and timely and accurate delivery on information requests in relation to corporate tax compliance.
- Support and help develop the effective operation of tax systems and work with the IT team to ensure systems are configured correctly to meet global reporting requirements.
- Support the effective operation of the company's tax risk management framework
- Help to develop and maintain tax policies and procedures
- Building relationships with key stakeholders to ensure a collaborative approach to the delivery of tax governance & compliance objectives.
- Motivated self-starter, ability to work independently, high level of initiative.
- Exercises independent judgement within defined parameters and can adapt to complex business issues where in-depth analysis is required.
- Commercial orientation, focused on delivering solutions and results.
- Build and develop effective relationships with relevant stakeholders across the business.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills essential.
- Organised, with an ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- High tolerance for change and challenges, embraces change as opportunity.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, pride in completion of timely and accurate work.
For further information, please contact Phil Smyth at The Consultancy Group.