I'm currently partnered with a FTSE Listed Consumer Business in Berkshire looking to add a fresh faced Tax Manager to their ever expanding Tax team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Tax Manager to join one of the UK's leading consumer groups who are continuing to thrive and grow out their portfolio. The role will be to provide tax compliance, reporting and advisory support to the business during a period of international growth. This is an interesting and varied tax role reporting to the Director of Tax.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Tax compliance and reporting
* Management of quarterly and annual global tax forecasting and reporting for the consolidated
group. This will include significant interaction with senior stakeholders within the group, such
as the CFO, Group Financial Controller.
* Primary responsibility for UK corporation tax compliance including preparation of returns,
claims and elections, tax payments and corresponding with HMRC.
* Assistance with indirect tax returns and queries - prior experience would be an advantage although full training will be provided.
* Identifying ways of reducing the Group's effective tax rate and corporate tax payments -
including optimising claims for capital allowances, R&D tax credits and the use of losses in the
most appropriate manner.
* Manage Senior Accounting Officer processes including testing and documentation.
* Involvement in M&A activity including helping with the integration of newly acquired
* Identify and inform business divisions of the implications and impact of changes to tax
* Assisting with the setting and monitoring of transfer pricing policies;
* Involvement with tax planning, employment tax issues & VAT matters providing adhoc advice.
* Providing ad hoc tax advice to all the Group's business divisions in the UK and overseas.
* Assistance with group structuring.
* ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified;
* Strong accounting and tax background, including knowledge of IFRS;
* Experience of using Alphatax compliance software for year-end reporting and preparing
corporation tax returns preferred;
* Indirect tax experience preferred.
For further information on this opportunity, please contact Josh Burns at The Consultancy Group.