A FTSE 100 Plc are recruiting for a UK Tax Manager role, offering excellent flexible working between home and office based.
The newly created UK Tax Manager role will report directly to the Head of Tax and will manage the UK tax affairs of the group. The role would suit a proactive candidate that has strong inter-personal skills, good understanding of UK taxes, strong project management and communication skills.
- Manage all aspects of UK corporate tax compliance, including the preparation of the corporation tax computations and returns - CFC, capex, withholding taxes, double tax relief claims & RDEC;
- Prepare Country by Country Reporting submission;
- Manage the UK ETR and cash tax forecast and QIPs;
- Prepare year end current and deferred tax consolidation schedules for the UK entities including the tax disclosures included in the consolidated and entity accounts;
- Actively review and monitoring of UK tax risks and controls, ensuring UK technical memorandums are maintained;
- Prepare responses to HMRC audit queries;
- Lead the day-to-day relationship with HMRC and point of contact for our Customer Compliance Manager;
- Management and delivery of UK tax advisory projects;
- Support the business on payroll taxes, VAT and Customs queries;
- Ensure policies and procedures associated with UK taxation are relevant and up to date;
- Build relationships and deliver tax advice to the UK business operations;
- Ensure employment tax obligations are met by Finance and HR teams, such as the PSA, P11D's and share option reporting;
- Responsible for UK tax governance processes, such as SAO and CCO;
- Keep up to date on legislative changes and assess the impact.
Required skills and experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA) or Charted Tax Adviser (CTA) preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of tax accounting
- Good UK tax technical knowledge
- Self motivated with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work to both internal and external deadlines
- Good problem solving skills
For further information please contact Phil Smyth at The Consultancy Group.