My client who is a large insurer who are currently recruiting for a 3rd Line Server Engineer role with experience of integrating new M&A:
Perm - 3rd line Server Engineer - £55K - £65k depending on location.
You will be required to have a strong background in System Operation Engineering within a large global organisation.
- An ITIL qualification is desirable but not essential
- A solid grasp of how applications interact with the Windows Operating System is critical as is experience in Enterprise Microsoft products and expertise in Active Directory.
- A validated understanding of hardware issues and knowledge of high availability and DR concepts would be a benefit for the team.
- Desirable Knowledge of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop/PVS/ELM
- We're all about automating as much as possible in our team, so knowledge of scripting with Powershell for instance is a desirable skill
- Significant experience in providing 3rd level (or higher) support within a corporate environment
- Experience of supporting high availability and large server estates essential
- Logical troubleshooting methodology
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service. Someone who can quickly grasp and interpret salient information with the ability to take a can-do approach without the need for supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and the confidence to communicate with global technical teams