The Consultancy Group are currently looking for a Accounting Manager to join in International Media Business on a 12 month contract. This position is for an immediate start.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Overall ownership and preparation of quarterly consolidated accounts, including co-ordination of all schedules, reconciliations and reporting packages
- Presentation of quarterly P&L, Balance Sheets and supporting packs
- EMEA Controllership lead and act as a subject matter expert to support all system related issues and queries.
- Management and coaching to direct reports and support the development of the team
- Partner with finance, operation leads and project teams to support and implement new initiatives as required
- Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner
- Support compliance team in completion of statutory accounts for relevant legal entities
- Support the Corporate Tax department by preparing supporting schedules for tax calculations and any ad-hoc tax audit requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance and communication of Global and EMEA accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Minimum Control Standards
- Responsibility for computation of FX errors ensuring correction entries are processed on a timely basis
- Support management and wider finance team on any ad-hoc duties and projects
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA with strong relevant working experience
- Must be proficient in Peoplesoft/SAP
- Financial reporting experience in a multi-site, multi-currency busines is desirable
- Experience managing staff in multicultural environment is essential
- Strong excel skills
- Experience of Hyperion System desirable