The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for all aspects of the basic bookkeeping for the group and a number of smaller entities.
- Carry out all aspects of accounts payable.
- Process all supplier, HMRC, private equity fund and other investments payments for all entities.
- Maintain the cashbooks for the main bank accounts.
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Monthly posting of the bank to the general ledger
- General bookkeeping and accountancy tasks to include bookkeeping for simpler entities
- Support finance team with general financial administration and filing
- Liaise with external audit team
- Improve financial control processes to ensure effective.
- Ad hoc duties as required
Education and Personal Attributes:
- Financial qualification (AAT or similar) or qualified by experience
- Highly organised, diligent and meticulous approach
- Systems literate. Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP would be very advantageous, although not essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good eye for detail and effective processes, balanced with a flexible approach to meeting the needs of the business.
- Be comfortable juggling various bosses and work streams