The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join a luxury retailer on a 3 month contract.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Weekly sales and petty cash postings into finance system for selected sites.
- Weekly bank account postings into finance system and reconciliation.
- Weekly cash control account reconciliations
- Robust investigation of all variances.
- Post invoices following the correct authorisation process onto finance system.
- Post and pay staff expenses for Quentin.
- Complete supplier statement reconciliations monthly.
- Liaise with and build strong working relationships with suppliers.
- Sort through accounts payable inbox and reply to queries in a timely manner.
- Lead the payment run process.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Open and distribute post.
- Lead the archiving process.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Approachable and friendly.
- Uses own initiative, proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong academic record.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Financial and Business acumen
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Can work to deadlines and motivate others to do so too.
Only those eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position.