Consultancy Group have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable assistant for our client within the retail industry based in West London. You will play a key role in ensuring the new system implementation runs smoothly and invoices are paid on time.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Ensure all invoices/expenses have been appropriately authorised
- Prepare, process and record payment runs in the accounting system, ensuring that payment priorities are discussed with the internal business team
- Matching & allocating direct debits to suppliers
- Liaising with internal and external contacts to resolve invoice queries in a timely manner
- Scanning and filing of Supplier invoices/credit notes
- Process multi-currency purchase invoices including checking all cost centre and GL account coding to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Supporting co-workers within the team and working together to achieve business targets
- Distribute incoming documents within the business
- Prepare aged creditors reports
- Supplier statement reconciliations, resolving any supplier queries
- Raise invoices to external companies as required
- assit the IT team with ensureing all issues with the system are flagged up.
- Pushing manual invoices through the system when needed.
Successful must have:
- Min 6 months relevant experience working in an Accounts Payable role
- Excellent numeracy and IT skills (particularly Excel)
- Excellent attention to detail, performing all work with high levels of accuracy
You will be able to demonstrate:
- An open, friendly personality who is proactive
- The desire to develop and work as part of a team as well as of own initive
The vacancy is with a view to an immediate start so please do not apply if you are not available to start immediately.