The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Assistant on a 3 month temp assignment for a leading FMGC business.
- Maintain sound relationships with Suppliers and internal stakeholders, ensuring a timely response to any queries raised in respect of invoices or payments.
- Ensure invoices are collated daily and processed in a timely manner and any queries logged on the Query Log.
- Ensure that all tasks can be effectively covered within the team through documentation of operating procedures and organisation of workflows and through practical implementation.
- Coordinate the purchase to pay process in respect of inventory, matching Supplier invoices to Goods Received Notes (GRN's)/Purchase Orders (PO's) and following up on any variances or queries with the necessary department as required, achieving closure within defined timelines.
- Organise the collation and approval of Supplier payment batches, as directed by the Treasurer/AP Manager, ensuring that any invoices selected for payment have been matched and approved in accordance with policy and procedures, including any prioritisation required.
- Organise for regular and ongoing reconciliations of Supplier statements to ensure all liabilities are being correctly recorded as per the Supplier Statement Log.
- Organise paper flow within the team, maintaining efficiency and the scanned invoice database.
- Support the AP Manager with the expenses/credit card process as required and deputise in their absence.
- Any other ad hoc duties required.
Experience and skill requirements:
- A working knowledge of Accounts Payable routines, including matching processes (GRN's or Purchase Orders) and an understanding of P2P is essential.
- Experience of Netsuite is an advantage.
- Strong organisation skills are required to drive efficiencies and achieve performance targets.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to provide a first class service to internal customers whilst remaining assertive on controls and procedures.
- First-hand experience of direct/remote interface with Suppliers is essential.
- Experience of moderate/high invoices volumes whilst maintaining accuracy essential.