The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a permanent Accounts Payable Manager to join our client who is in the retail sector. They are a national, well known retail brand who can offer the successful individual a long-term career. The role will be based in East London with occasional travel to the Central London office.
They seek an individual with previous experience managing a team of Account Payable clerks with a desire for this person to also have retail experience. Being immediately available or on a short notice period is preferable.
The main responsibility of this role will be to run the Accounts Payable function. The role will report directly into Head of Finance.
Responsibilities to include:
- Lead and mentor AP team
- Introduce training and development strategies
- Carry out employee reviews and appraisals
- Ownership of end to end process of accounts payable function
- Ensure timely and efficient input of invoices - high volume
- Generate payment runs in multiple currencies
- Bank posting and reconciliations
- Act as the main point of contact for any escalated queries
- Review aged creditors
- Processing of expenses, credit card postings
- Prepare journal postings and other related month end tasks
- High level of accuracy
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics
- Strong organisational skills
- Advanced Excel skills
If you would like to learn more about the role, please contact Maddie on 020 3950 2230