Currently recruiting a Payables Manager position for a global retailer. This varied role involves partnering with internal and external customers in a fast paced and challenging environment requiring sound influencing and communication skills.
- Leading the Expense Payable process in ensuring the accurate and timely recording of all transactional data, Invoices and Associate Expense records.
- Review vendor account balances to ensure that these reconcile to their statements.
- Payments to vendors and Associates, to agreed payment terms.
- Delivery of KPI's to agreed goals through the team, ability to prioritise workload to achieve these.
- Transactions and payments for leases are processed and paid as per the agreed terms.
- Compliance of Expense Payable process to deliver regulatory compliance for Sarbanes Oxley, key and operational controls. Develop or amend controls, as new processes are implemented.
- Analyse Associate Expense data to ensure compliance to the company's travel expense policy.
- Understands business needs and deliver these without compromising agreed contractual arrangements or controls.
- Has a broad knowledge of the purchase to pay process, influencing and provide support to business in company change initiatives.
- Provide guidance to business partners in administering PO's in line with accounting guidelines.
- Builds effective Teams
- Builds an effective team to deliver the KPI's in an ever changing, fast pacing and growing business.
- Manage performance and development of individuals, ensuring that talent is grown to deliver succession and growth of the business.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experienced transactional processing manager with a minimum of 5 years similar running a team handling similar volumes.
- Proven record of delivery to deadlines and KPI improvement.
- Experience of successfully supporting teams through periods of organisational growth/change.
- T. skills - Sound knowledge of Excel, Word and ERP system.
- Experience of working in a retail environment desirable.