The Client is a well known international Media organisation based in London and is seeking an accounts payable assistant on a contract basis to join their team.
Purpose of the role:
The role is responsible for all elements of Accounts Payable related activities and is the primary contact with suppliers for any invoice or payment issues. The role is accountable for maintaining a robust business control environment and adherence to Company policy in respect of purchase to pay procedures and ensuring timely payment to suppliers.
- Maintain sound relationships with Suppliers and internal stakeholders, ensuring a timely response to any queries raised in respect of invoices or payments.
- Experenice with high volume invoice processing upto 200 invoices a week
- Expereince dealing with complex queries
- Preparation of BACs
- Manual payment with good knowledge of foreign currencies
- Ensure invoices are collated daily and processed in a timely manner and any queries logged on the Query Log.
- Ensure that all tasks can be effectively covered within the team through documentation of operating procedures and organisation of workflows and through practical implementation.
- Coordinate the purchase to pay process in respect of inventory, matching Supplier invoices /Purchase Orders (PO's) and following up on any variances or queries with the necessary department as required, achieving closure within defined timelines.
- Organise the collation and approval of Supplier payment batches, as directed by the Treasurer/AP Manager, ensuring that any invoices selected for payment have been matched and approved in accordance with policy and procedures, including any prioritisation required.
- Organise for regular and ongoing reconciliations of Supplier statements to ensure all liabilities are being correctly recorded as per the Supplier Statement Log.
- Organise paper flow within the team, maintaining efficiency and the scanned invoice database.
- Support the AP Manager with the expenses/credit card process as required and deputise in their absence.
- Any other ad hoc duties required.
Experience and skill requirements:
- A working knowledge of Accounts Payable routines, including matching processes (Purchase Orders)
- Intermediate excel skills (Look Ups, Sum Ifs, Pivot Tables) are required.
- Industry knowledge is desirable
- Strong organisation skills are required to drive efficiencies and achieve performance targets.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to provide a first class service to internal customers whilst remaining assertive on controls and procedures.
- First-hand experience of direct/remote interface with Suppliers is essential.
- Experience of moderate/high invoices volumes whilst maintaining accuracy essential.