The Accounts Receivable will be responsible for ensuring that the Company has an accurate and
timely customer billing process to reduce errors and improve debtor recoverability. The AR will work
alongside one other AR colleague and have a pivotal role in transforming the billing process to
improve efficiency and accuracy. The company has a keen focus on revenue generation and collection of debtors. Therefore, debtor management and reporting is also a key part of the role. The AR will take ownership over two of our four divisions across the AR function, working alongside a colleague to ensure management receive accurate reporting on billings, debtors and functional KPIs.
- To take ownership over the client billing process from the point the engagement letter is signed, ultimately ensuring all bills are accurate and sent out in a timely manner to the appropriate recipient.
- To play a leading role in improving the client billing process with the aim of refining controls, reducing the administrative burden and improving accuracy.
- To build strong working relationships and communicate effectively with Consultants and their Executive Assistants to obtain all information in a timely fashion.
- To manage client and business relationships ensuring billing queries are resolved so that debts are collected on time.
- To upload billings into the local and group accounting systems and ensuring that all systems reconcile.
- To ensure all receipts are booked to the sales ledger and applied on a daily basis.
- To prepare a schedule detailing debts which should be provided against or written off, and where credit notes have been raised, on a monthly basis.
- To actively manage overdue debtors, collating relevant information and presenting regular reporting to key stakeholders to ensure that there is appropriate focus on overdue debts.
- To produce and circulate the debtors reporting dashboard on a weekly basis for Consultants and the Finance Director, ensuring all relevant information is captured and presented in a meaningful way.
- Has a strong interest in building meaningful relationships to deliver accurate results.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail ensuring consistently accurate billing.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Curious and self-motivated to exceed expectations on performance.
- Motivated to pursue self-development.
- Experience of working in a high pressured dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify issues and use initiative to solve problems.
- Team player with willingness to help others and go above and beyond their formal role.