To support Client Services team with management of finances. This will range from, WIP management to revenue recognition. You will be servicing client finance from start to end.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Client Services team to ensure revenue is recognized correctly
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting. This will be both for the client and for internal purposes
- Ensure correct accounting for revenue, ensuring appropriate and timely revenue recognition is obtained in accordance with internal policies and standards, liaising with Financial Controller where appropriate and ensuring adequate records are captured and filed accordingly
- Advise collaborating offices of balances to be accrued after billing, as lead agency
- Read contracts to understand which method of revenue recognition is applicable to clients
WIP and Debtors
- Responsible for billing in line with client agreements/contracts
- Take ownership of WIP and Debtors activity - namely booking revenue and ensuring accruals kept to minimum
- Supporting Budget Controller where necessary - offering advice, solutions and direction.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly reports for submission to parent company
- Ensuring new clients are set up across all systems correctly and current clients are up to date
- Work with systems teams to ensure rate cards are updated
To support the achievement of commercial excellence in the business via;
- Continuous adoption and improvement of technology to drive provision of efficient and effective information
- Proactive action on relevant information
- Support Senior Business Partner and Client Team with Ad-hoc business requests and analysis
- Support in providing finance assistance to the business for assigned clients, ensuring information is effectively communicated and discussed with account teams to facilitate and drive business efficiencies and improvements
- Ensure timely financial management for WIP (including external cost and time) & billing in accordance with Clients' terms of business
- To include regular (at least once monthly) meetings with account teams to ensure production jobs are managed so that:
- 3rd-party costs are billed and recovered accordingly
- Over-runs are mitigated and managed appropriately
- Reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Completed jobs are closed in a timely manner
- Assist with any administrative tasks for client team or Senior Business Partner
Skills and Abilities
- Technically astute with finance reporting
- Self starter who sets high personal standards & takes personal responsibility for delivering first class service
- A keen eye for detail and an approach that is both organised and questioning are pre-requisites.
- Someone who is articulate, careful and can pick up on in inaccuracies and anomalies.
- Analytical thinking - ability to collate and analyse data and identify key drivers for improvement.
- Methodical and organised approach to work
- Candidate should be proficient is the use of outlook, advanced excel and word
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in a way that is both impactful and easily understandable by a financial and non financial audience
- Ability to interact and engage with business colleagues and adopt a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Previous experience within the advertising industry would be an advantage but not a necessity
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of SAP or other similar ERP system would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of working within a large marketing/production company with multiple intercompany/cost centres/profit centres would be desirable