Assisting in the production of timely, accurate and insightful monthly group management accounts, taking responsibilities for the purchase ledger of the Holding company and subsidiaries, reimbursable employees' expenses, improvements of processes and other financial accounting assistance as required.
- Monthly posting of payroll journals from external payroll provider reports. Flagging any issues to the people team.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register.
- Monthly posting of accruals and prepayments for the entire Group.
- Producing and submitting quarterly VAT, MOSS tax returns and EC Sales Reports.
- Assisting on monthly accounts for the UK, US, Greek and Czech Republic entities.
- Providing monthly invoices and relevant documentation to Greek external accountants.
- Escalating any significant discrepancies or reconciling items on any balance sheet reconciliations to the Finance Manager and assist in their resolution.
- Managing cash flow position and forecasting vs actual.
- Assisting with the year-end audit and statutory accounts and liaising with the external auditors.
- Weekly posting of purchase invoices for Holding company, UK subsidiaries, US and Czech Republic entities.
- Weekly bank and supplier accounts reconciliation for the above entities.
- Preparing fortnightly payment runs for the above entities.
- Assisting with the implementation of a new system for PO's for the entire group.
Reimbursable employees' expenses
- Ensuring reimbursable expenses for the US, Greek and Czech Republic entities are processed and paid on time.
- Monthly posting of reimbursable expenses and reconciliation.
- Improving and managing of the reimbursable expenses process and training new starters on the submission process.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Partly qualified accountant - CIMA or ACCA.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience within the accounts payable function.
- Experience in month-end procedures.
- Preferably experienced in using the accounting system SAP Business One.
- Firm understanding of accounting concepts.
- Hardworking and entrepreneurial with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and professional relationship across the whole business.
- Flexible approach to work and change that can be evidenced through experience.
- Ability to deliver accurate, high quality work to deadlines.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take the lead in the systems improvements process